Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nothing More to Say...


Hi Blake
Well, after 7 months of training, I tore my meniscus 4 weeks ago, and even though I tried everything, it hasn't been cooperating, and I will have to DNS for the 100.   I am sure you get more than a few of these e-mails, but it sure sucks having to write one!  I'll try again next year if I get my knee squared away, but for now, wish you great success for the race.  

Carole   That is truly bad luck this close to the Race. I hope the knee heals well and you can come run with us in 2014. I know it is disappointing but there is next year and the finish will be all the sweeter. Thanks for letting us know your status.  Best regards  Blake

I can almost see itThat dream I am dreamingBut there's a voice inside my head saying"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm takingEvery move I make feelsLost with no directionMy faith is shaking
But I gotta keep tryingGotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be a uphill battleSometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get thereAin't about what's waiting on the other sideIt's the climb
The struggles I'm facingThe chances I'm takingSometimes might knock me downBut no, I'm not breaking
I may not know itBut these are the moments thatI'm gonna remember most, yeahJust gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strongJust keep pushing on
'Cause there's always gonna be another mountainI'm always gonna wanna make it moveAlways gonna be a uphill battleSometimes I'm gonna have to lose...




2 comments:

  1. Keep us posted on your recovery. I know you have the grit to make a great comeback, and who knows the great adventures that still await!

    Coach Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your knee. So bummed that you won't be there. :(

    ReplyDelete