Friday, February 15, 2013

Ahead with Running...Behind with Life

In the last 7 days, I have run 76 miles.  That might help explain why I still have winter decorations out at my house.  At least the Christmas stuff  has been put away (okay, not put away, but at least its in the basement!!).  I was feeling pretty guilty about all the snowmen, especially as the temperature hovered near 60 today.  Luckily though, another blast of Arctic air is expected tonight and we may even get snow tomorrow.  Whew, that was close!  It also explains why I went out today for a 20 mile run, even though it was technically a "rest" day.  How can anyone pass up the chance to knock off a long run on a day as glorious as this???  The first 15 miles I did on the road, but just had to jump on the trail for the remaining 5.  I haven't been on this reservoir trail for a while and it sure has taken a beating this winter.  The erosion was wicked and the blow downs were everywhere.  Not sure if the county/city will come in at some point and clean it up, but it did make for a pretty adventurous obstacle course.  I know I probably spent way too much time out there, but boy, did it feel good!  I even shared the trail with bugs - a sure sign of spring!  Now I can look forward to NOT bundling up for a long run tomorrow...heck, I might even get those snowmen down after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment